The Metropolitan Police have confirmed the bones found in a Biggin Hill garden were human after they were sent for specialist examination, as an investigation continues to establish their age and identity
Rachel Vickers-Price UK and World News Reporter
03:19, 14 Aug 2026

FILE IMAGE: Forensics at a crime scene(Image: Jason Roberts /Manchester Evening News)
Human remains have been discovered in the garden of a London property, with shocked construction workers making the disturbing discovery last Friday – and the house has remained a crime scene ever since.
The Metropolitan Police rushed to the address in Biggin Hill and swiftly sealed off the vacant property on Aperfield Road at approximately 3.30pm last Friday, the force confirmed.
Biggin Hill is a typically tranquil, verdant area that rarely sees much drama, apart from its A-list resident Tom Cruise, who maintains a property there.
That was until another, considerably less animated body was found. The Met has now confirmed the remains discovered were human following specialist analysis.
A spokesperson for the force said: “The bones were sent for specialist examination and were confirmed to be human.”

The house, pictured in 2023 before renovation work started.(Image: Google)
“However, further testing is underway to establish the age of the bones and ascertain identity.”
The force states that an investigation continues to determine the complete circumstances.
The property has remained cordoned off throughout, with residents still none the wiser about what might have occurred on their ordinarily peaceful south London road a week after the shocking find.
Officers are still attempting to establish how the skeleton ended up in the garden of the Aperfield Road bungalow, with forensic tents erected alongside temporary barriers to prevent curious onlookers. A neighbour told The Sun that the new homeowner had recently purchased the two-bedroom property and had yet to move in.

The home in 2023, prior to renovation works
They said: “Nobody lives there at the moment. An old lady lived there for years, but she moved away, and another woman bought it to completely refurbish it. She couldn’t move in until they’d finished. The builders discovered something on Friday, and of course, they completely had to stop work.”
A second neighbour added: “The woman who’s bought the property is having renovations done. She must be absolutely horrified. She’s had builders in doing all sorts of things. Last week, they were digging up the back patio, and there were piles of rubbish on the drive. A grab lorry came and took some of it away, and then suddenly, on Friday, a police vehicle arrived outside, and police tape went across, and they were there 24/7.”
The neighbour added: “The cordon has come down now because they’ve secured the building.”

Police siren flashing blue lights at accident or crime scene
A source also revealed to The Sun that electricity, gas, and water supplies had all been cut off at the address while officers carry out their investigation.
The insider further disclosed that forensic teams had been conducting a thorough search of the premises from top to bottom, carefully preserving evidence on green trays. Local planning records indicate that an application for a single-storey rear extension had previously been submitted for the property.

Comments are closed.